Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000 Virtual Station list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddos

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
Is there any way to get a report that would show where all of my virtual staions are assigned?

If you have Matworx then you can select Tool > Office Data listup. Then check Station and check virtual box. You can then export the file to a excel file if you want or use the printout it gives you.

If you don't have Matworx then scroll through Command 11 in MOC mode.

grh 959

I don't think that is what Baddos meant. I read it as where do they appear as in on which phones. In this case it depends on the version of MatworX you have whether you will be able to list up this type of information. If under the function tab you have office data listup you can list Cmd 9000 to see what all the Dterm keys have on them. Any that are call forwarded and don't appear on Dterms you would have to list up E6 for.

Yeah I have matworx and was looking for a listup or whatever that would basically show me which of my hundreds of virtual extensions are used on which stations.

There has been many programmers on our switch, so we don't have a numbering sequence any more which makes programming new extensions difficult.

Listup the keydata in matworx and export to excel then you can search for what you want...

Hi kid2400,

Can I do this in matworx 3.53? If so, where at?

In a word NO. However if you have the mach script editor (its under the application tab) you can create your own using excel.

One word of warning..... Before you do anything you haven't done before (and for that matter even if you have done it before)..... Do a Backup to Disc!!!!!

Miss this step at your own risk!!!!

You will need to do a len list up first and export it to excel. This will get you all your extension numbers. The ones you are interested in are the ones beginning with an F so sort the sheet by extn number column to get them all together. Now copy and paste those numbers to column C of a new spreadsheet. We don't need the Fs anymore so do a replace on the new sheet replacing F with nothing and you should end up with a sheet that has just the extension numbers of your Dterms in column C. In column D type comma 01 so it looks like X01
Drag and fill that all the way down the length of the extn numbers. Now the repetitive bit. Copy the cells in C & D that have values then paste them in again below the current entries. where the new batch begins change the entry in column D to X02 and drag and fill to the bottom again. Then copy and paste again the same as before and do column D as X03 and so on till you have got all the way to X16.

In B1 type the following formula
=C1&D1
then drag and fill that to the bottom. Now in column B you should have in each cell "Extn No X01" and so on. Highlight the entire column B and copy then whilst it's still highlighted use paste special, Values and this will lock in the data. If you then sort the sheet by column C you should end up with blocks of 16 entries for each extn No you have. You then delete columns C & D. In A1 enter 9000 and drag and fill but you need it to stay as 9000 in every cell not count upwards from 9000. Nearly there....

Now in cell E1 put a * (Asterisk) and drag and fill that down the page. Finally using save as, save the sheet with a name you want but in the save as type box select .CSV

You have now created a script which can be used to find what you want. In matworx start the Mach script editor and import the file you saved. The icon that looks like a little suitcase lets you do this. Now the reason we used an X in the extension name is with command 9000 you enter extn No,key No as first data. The problem we had was a .CSV file sees commas as seperators so we couldn't use it till we got here. At the top of the small window you should see an icon that looks like a small pair of binoculars.; Click on this and type x in the find box and , (comma) in the replace box, for target select FD and click for multiple replace (second icon up on the right)

Run the script by clicking on the icon on the left that looks lige something going through some gears. You will get a warning that the PABX will be altered but as we have no data in the SD oe ED columns nothing will actually be altered. when the script has finished you will see the data you want in the SD column and the entire thing can be exported out to excel by using the print button and then the Envelope icon.

I think I've given you enough to be working on for now. Let us know how you go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back