Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000 IVS SMDR Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilch

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
Greets all, need a hand if anyone can offer it. We have an old (lots of dust) NEAX 2000 IVS. Previously we had the SMDR running out of the system into a call accounting software. For some reason, it stopped working. We have taken the cable through a straight db9 cable and into a com port on the computer to see if any data is coming across and we're not seeing anything. To our knowledge, nothing was change, it just stopped receiving the SMDR one day and at that time, it was no big deal, so we left it be.

We have tried resetting the AP00 card with no success, we've even tried replacing the cable as well as hooking into various PC com ports to ensure that isn't the problem.

I'm not much of a NEC guy here, so I figured it was time to ask for some help. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice anyone can offer.

You have 4 ports in the APOO card. If you reset the card completely i.e. command D101>0000:CCC then you should try anothe port.

On the AP00-A: - Is the RUN led flashing at the same rate as the CPU; Yes the card is good, if not the card may be faulty. Either way do the following:- Set switches on the front of the AP card #’s 1&4 ON, 2&3 OFF, execute CMD D101>0000>CCC.exe and set all switches to the ON position. Make the card busy, then regular. If the card doesn't show a flashing RUN led swap out for a different AP00-A card and program up SMDR on port 0 for 96/8/N/1. Use only an RS RVS 4S CA-A cable off the port on the AP card to a laptop and test for raw output of SMDR with Hyperterm. Call into NEC for further assistance if this doesn’t help

Thanks for the suggestions. One last thing I wanted to ask. We are also using the AP00 card for our voicemail link. If we run the D101 reset, will that clear the settings for the voicemail link?

Thanks much!

2400tec,

Thanks much, I thought that would be the case.

If you do the D101 SMDR is the default assignment for port 0 (bottom port of the card) at 1200, N, 7, and 1 I think it is. MCI for the VM is easily programmed up but you should first take note of its settings before defaulting the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back