Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDS4NT Login failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim28375

MIS
Oct 26, 2002
GB
I have NDS4NT installed. There are 2 NDS authentication servers and 3 nt domain controllers.

The issue i have is that the primary netware server stop responding to login request and the secondry is unable to service request. From the PDC i am unable to browes the network and log in. The users are unabel to log into Novell and windows, As soon as the Primary is rebooted the secondry starts servicing request again, The site i work on has 6000 users and the secondry has to work hard to keep up with request. Once the primary has come back up they both share the load again and the comunication between nt and nds is restored.

we are using NT4 sp6a on all DC's and Netware5.1 on both authentication servers. I have updated the samsrv.dll to the lates version.
I have updated all the server software to the lates level. I cnat see any reason and would like to hear from anyone that has had the same problem.

Tim
MCSE 2003
HP APS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back