Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDS for NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautilus

MIS
Oct 26, 1999
US
I have to setup NDS for NT for 5 NT 4.0 servers with 600 clients. They will be going into a tree with 40 NW 5.0 servers with 1500 clients. Is there any pitfalls I need to lookout for. Also on a related note, Is there any to auto setup the users account and printers.

You have probably already installed these into the NDS tree, but one piece of advice is that if any of these servers are in their own domain and not grouped together, you can not install multiple domains into the same context. At least I have not been able to do this without a warning message telling me it can not be done. You would either have to install each domain into the appropriate OU or create new ou's.

HTH, Sorry for the late response, I am usually on top of these things but have been busy lately.

Mark

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Also, be sure all your service packs are up to date.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back