Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDS for NT install required prior to migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2003
SG
hi all,

i have been tasked with migration from the existing Groupwise 5.x to Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 platform.
My user currently has "NDS for NT 8.x" installed on both the existing PDC and a BDC for user account management,
installed in a mixed enviroment of Novell Netware and NT 4.0 domain.
Do I need to install the "NDS for NT" product on the Exchange 5.5 server which is sitting on another new BDC system in the NT 4 domain before i proceed with the migration?

Kevin, don't know if this will help or not. I'm using NDS for NT. I have a PDC and a BDC and then a separate server (Windows 2K) for the exchange server. I'm running 5.5 for exchange. It might be my install, but I've had problems getting NDS to talk with NT and for them to sync. I've had to reboot the PDC and BDC if I make mailboxes and the users get that "you have no permission to logon" error. I'm sure this doesn't answer your question, but it might help.

Scott
exchngnewguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back