Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDS Branch Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdudson

MIS
Oct 7, 1999
GB
Visit site
Hi,<br>
<br>
Anyone know of a utility which will migrate a branch of an NDS tree so that it can be inported into another tree.<br>
Thing is, all Zenworks applications are curently stored in an OU on one tree and pretty much got to repeat the work to get them into another tree.<br>
<br>
Any ideas appreciated.<br>
<br>
Steve.

I assume that you have a TEST tree and now want to move your ZEN apps into your production tree. Though I have not tried this, But this would be my plan of attack. I would graff the test tree into the production tree with NDSmanager. Then move the particular branch to the location you want. After the NDS has sycnchronized, (probably several hours) then remove any old tree segments which are left. <br>
I hope the server that holds your Application images will be in the same physical location as where your user items are. Or else your workstations will be downloading the apps across your WAN which can slow things down a bit.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back