Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDS and XP passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfoldesi

MIS
May 25, 2000
US
Can anyone tell me why the option to " Match your windows password with your Netware password" is disabled on the workstation login screen. We are a Netware shop with XP Pro workstations. We force users to cahnge their NDS passwords every 90 days. I would like the local XP passwords to synchronize with the pasword change.

Using Netware 5.1 and Client version 4.90. XP Pro SP1 is workstation OS.

Thanks in advance.
Lfoldesi

You might try CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Netware Security window and change passwords from there.

Is the 'User cannot change password' checkbox in 'Computer Management (Local) > Local Users and Groups > Users' checked on the Win XP user account the Win XP boxes log into?

The reason I ask is that we do the very opposite to you... we deliberately stop our Novell users from being able to synchronise the NDS password with the Win XP logon account password by ensuring the checkbox IS checked.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back