Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDRs when mailing to a distribution list

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovin

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
US
a user gets the following NDR when sending email to an exchange distribution list (some info modified):
---
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

John Doe on 12/19/2005 10:15 AM
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Company;l=EXCHANGESVR-051219181457Z-10916
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:ORG:EXCHANGESVR

Jane Doe on 12/19/2005 10:15 AM
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Company;l=EXCHANGESVR-051219181457Z-10916
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:ORG:EXCHANGESVR
---

The Doe's are former employees whose mailboxes and domain accounts have been removed a while back. When I check the dist list in the exchange administrator, I do not see their names listed...

Does anyone know why a particular user will get NDR's for former employees (deleted accounts) . as far as I know, this user is the only person having this problem.

Thanks!

If you've removed the recipient from exchange then the most likely expaination is the user has created their own DL with john.doe in it.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back