Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDR relating to DNS? only affecting one user

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsbony

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
GB
Right first the basics:

We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a win2k server. The servers is sending mail using DNS - we are running DNS on an NT4 server that also acts as the default gateway for the win2k machine and routes the email out onto the internet.

Essentially the problem is that one of our staff is getting the following error:

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=The Conveyancing;l=CCSV2-020807151900Z-3889
MSEXCH:IMS:The Conveyancing Channel:CHANNEL1:CCSV2 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown

whenever the try to send mail to a specific client of ours. Nobody else in our company gets this error but this member of staff gets in regardless of the machine he logs in to (we are not using roaming profiles btw)

I have checked the DNS entries for this firm and have confirmed everything there is correct. MX records, A records name server records.

I am stumped at first I thought it was a local profile problem and got the user to try another machine with a fresh profile, but he still gets the error.

I guess their may be some mailbox setup issue for this specific user, but I am stumped as to what it is. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back