Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDR + mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyo

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
IE
Hi

We recently moved form Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

In 5.5 when we got an undeliverable mail, the server was set up to send both the NDR and the actual mail to an address. This was handy as I could forward on mails where the names had simply been spelt incorrectly.

However in 2003 I only seem to have the option to send the NDR - no option to also send the mail - or have I missed somthing?

Has anyone got any ideas for me on how I might achieve what I want.

Thanks in advance

Paddyo

I have been trying to find an answer to exactly the same question however I believe I've seen it done I just can't figure out how

You can set the SMTP virtual server to send a copy of all NDR's to an administrator mailbox.

When you look at the mail using the Outlook client, you will see a "Send Again..." button where the send button usually is. This will open up the original email and you can forward it to any recipient.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back