Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDR for user that has been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bneisler

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
US
HI There,

I have a client that is running NT 4.0 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 SP3. We removed 2 user accounts and Mailboxes from the server for 2 employees that are no longer with the company. Here is the problem: When a user sends a meeting request from Outlook 2000 to a specific user the imeadiately get an NDR from the MTA saying that one of the deleted users was unreachable. When the meeting request was sent it was not addressed to the deleted user. Why is the MTA trying to send a message to the deleted user? The person that the request was sent to recieves the request, but if they reply to it the recieve the same NDR. There reply also goes through. I have checke to make sure there are no personal rules in outlook that would CC or BCC to the deleted users. I also see that in event viewer I recieve a Warning Event ID 290. The other strange thing is that the NDR seems to only happen when you send the request to 2 specific users either 1 at a time or together. All other users can do this with out a problem as long as they do not send to these to specific users. Sending mail normally to these 2 users works fine with no NDR.

If you can help...you are Da Man.....

It has to do with "delegates." One or both of these people are delegates for someone in the group. If the Exchange user is deleted BEFORE they are removed as a delegate, this happens.

To fix this, we had to recreate the removed Exchange user. Then, remove them as a delegate (most likely someone in their immediate working area), then remove the user (again) from Exchange.

This solved the problem for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back