Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDPS - Ricoh printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleggett

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
US
We have have about some new Ricoh printers and you cannot add users to them and it install the printers like the HP printers would do. You have to login as administrator and add them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accompllish this without touching each machine? We have Zenworks Desktop Managment as well. NetWare is 6.5. Thanks for your help.

We use iPrint for our Ricoh printers and it works fine, as well as configuring a printer driver profile that adds the finisher and defaults duplexing for people.

As far as the other features like e-mail, fax, document server and setting up a shared drive, only e-mail is currently working and a network location on the local workstation works. A Ricoh rep is supposed to come out and show me how to set up the rest and I'll supply the correct IP's, ports, Bind users, etc that they wouldn't know.

Also, what OS are you managing and are you using Zen 7 or Zen 10?

Thanks for your response. We have finally figured a way around this. We used iManager, went into the printer and NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=IPAddress PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH and it worked like a champ.

Glad it's working. If you happen to get the user folder working for a shared drive, let me know! (if you have that capability on your Ricoh machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back