Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDMP restore on Storagetek L20

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainT

MIS
Nov 21, 2003
GB
I'm trying to do a restore of an NDMP backup from DLT tapes, using our new SDLT library. I've got past our earlier incompatability problems (thanks to all who commented!), but I now seem to have a terminal problem. I think my tape is knackered, but just in case anyone has any great ideas...

When I start a restore, NetBackup instructs the library about what tapes are needed. It then goes to mount the first tape. However, it then just hangs, trying to mount the tape. The library loads the tape into the drive OK - however, it then goes to a status of "REWOUND" and doesn't do anything else. After about 10 minutes, the drive is downed. No errors are written to the NBU logs.

The worrying thing is that I can do SDLT backups OK, and I was able to start an NDMP restore from other DLT tapes last week. So, I'm thinking the tape is no good. Any other last-ditch ideas I can try? And yes, I've cleaned the drive with a new cleaning tape! :)

Thanks,

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back