Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDMP backup emc celerra(tape library directly connected to celerra)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspreet101

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hello,

If i have to do NDMP backup for EMC celerra with tape library or single drive directly connected to celerra

1, What client name should i use to add celerra to Networker server ( CIFS server name or DataMover name) ?

2.What hostname and path should I use if single device (rd=hostname:path) connected to celerra ?

3.What tape server name and device path should I use if tape library is connected to celerra?

thanks
jaspreet

1. It is the hostname of the celerra as it is a separate host.

2. You usually get this with Celerra specific commands. Please look at this documentation - there should be a kind of inquire command.

3. If the tape drive is still connected to the celerra, nothing will change. No matter which host will control the jukebox.

Hello,
For your problem, you can use " server_2" name or "cifsname " if this name is resolve by networker server.

for backup a file system, i can use this syntax :

With VDM support :

/root_vdm_8/fs_users

Without VDM

/fs_users ( name of mountpoint obtain by server_mountpoint command )

FYI : do not forget to put a ndmp user in a networker client definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back