Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCSP - Netscreen Certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiltonJr

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2004
US
Hi,

I got the NCSA v5.0 Certification and now I am very interested in getting more information about NCSP v5.0 certification. I know that is required the NCSA v5.0 certification and pass in the three exams (NMTP v5.0; NAVI 5.0 and INHN 5.0), but I couldn't find the requirements for each test, i.e., there is no detail in the NetScreen website about the NMTP, NAVI and INHN tests. Do you know if there are any kind of study material available in the Internet? I mean, something like course materials from each Netscreen test or simulation programs about the exams.

Thanks in advance!!!

Milton

Hey Milton,

I recently passed my NCSA and NMTP exams. And I do feel for you, because I too am faced with the same dilemma. I took the INSG and NMTP courses from Netscreen, and I was happy that my work paid for it. Now, I'm stuck with either paying for the next two courses myself, or roughing it out by taking the last two for the NCSP.

I have been unsuccessful in finding ANY Netscreen Study guides on the Internet. The one from Netscreen is terrible, and I find that they take the exam questions from a combination of the Official course + the ScreenOS 5 guide.

If you have nothing and can't take the course, I would recommend studying the ScreenOS guide. The NMTP had a lot of surprises on it. Good luck, let me know if I can help in anyway.

Rgds,

John

Hey John,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. As you said is very difficult to find any extra material in the Internet, unfortunately I couldn’t take the required courses yet, so I was thinking about trying to get these certifications without the courses, as well as I got the NCSA Certification, but as you know will be very difficult to achieve this goal without Official course Material. Would be great if anyone could send us the NAVI v5.0 material course at least, or a sort of simulation program like as Cisco ones, but I think that it doesn't exist.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Regards,

Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back