Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCR KC4 Serial Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryiceman

Technical User
Jan 9, 2009
CO
Hi everybody!

- I am implementing ATO (Aloha Take Out)
- I have already configured everything on the server, Terminals, etc.

Details of this implementation
- The user who will receive the orders from ATO, is in a different location to where the POS is (Resolved), On server is installed Hyper-V and mounted a Virtual machine with Win7 which serves as POS (tested) and print on any terminal that is physically connected to a POS, the User connects via Anydesk from any remote site (Office, home, etc) to the terminal to place orders.

Here comes what I should do and I could not
- The printer of ATO, is connected to the Port (Serial) 2 of the NCR KC4 (Kitchen), I managed to connect it and with the NCR Lean Receipt Utility app, I managed to print from the NCR APP without problems, the configuration, a test ticket, etc.
- When setting it up in Aloha, the printer started printing? ?v?v?v?v?v?v?v?v?v?v?v? eternally
- I changed the configuration of the printer to:
 - Baud Rate: 9600
 - Data Bits: 8
 - Parity: Even
 - Flow Control: Xon / Xoff
which are the "Universal" values ​​for Serial printing

Printer stop to print garbage, but not print from Aloha.

In Aloha is configured the Virtual terminal (that if it prints in printers of other terminals) so that it prints in this new printer that is called Domicilios and that is a Serial Printer connected to the Kitchen KC4, but it does notprint anything, but from the NCR APP, you can print the test pages, examples recepits, etc.

Have anyone some idea to help me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back