Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ncp500 ipcmpr into a tde/tda system wondering if it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

baithoven

Technical User
Mar 25, 2024
LY
new user with a technical Question .. first time posting here

hello everyone, and thank you all in advance for giving me a chance to learn new things here

ill just jump straight to it hoping someone with experience in fiddiling around might answer the question im wondering about

will an ipcmpre from and ncp500 for example fit into a TDA/TDE system since they look the same from the outside
given the fact that an ipcmpr coming from a TDE system will fit into a TDA system as far as i know i never confirmed that i was wonderting if the same for an ipcmpr comring from an NCP500 would fit too ,,[ponder][ponder]

sorry if my english is bad and sorry if i dont know the rules of posting here. this is my first post here hoping to become a memeber and share knowledge with you all and make new friends.

Yes, everything will work. But you need to write files from TDE to SD
If your English is bad, which language is good for you?

thank you mr Y-obuka . from what you said all i have to do is copy the appropriate files into the SD card for each system i want to throw that ipcmpr into ?

That's good to know. I was looking at a NCP processor card the other day and wondering the same thing. Just 2 differences I noticed -
1. There are no status lights on the NCP processor card itself, they are built-in to the NCP front panel.
2. The TDE processor card has 2 Paging ports and 2 MOH ports while the NCP processor has only 1 of each.
Not a big deal, it would still be handy in a pinch.

Correction - the status lights are the same on both NCP and TDE processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back