Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCOS set 0 but still can't make external calls on CS 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistabatu

Technical User
Dec 19, 2012
CA
Hello there,

i am using CS 1000 in my hotel and i have analog guest phones which once they are checked in, it opens up all lines. even though NCOS shows 0 but i am still unable to make external calls.

any ideas?

prt the tn of the set & the relevant esn data

Scott

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

NCOS 0 is typically restricted from making any outbound calls.

How do the guests dial out? Do they use a BARS/NARS access code (AC1 or AC2) or are they using direct trunk access by dialing the ACOD in the route? It will make a big difference in access eligibility.

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

Hotels typically use controlled class of service (CCSA) on their phones. This is usually integrated with their property management system so that when a room is checked in the class of service on the phones in the room are automatically changed to allow outbound calling. Conversely, when the room is checked out the phones revert back to the restricted class, and cannot make outbound calls.

Many hotels will also use pre-translation tables, in these cases, the NCOS of the phone rarely comes into play in determining eligibility for trunk access.

yes CS 1000 is linked with opera - PMS and i am using HMS v400 between PABX and PMS. odd thing is everything seems to be alright when i check from both sides, from PMS and PABX. room checked in, NCOS is set to 0 which means no restriction at all. but i am not able to dial out except calling internally.

i have 2 ISDN lines connected to PABX which serves for both Guest Analog phones and Staff IP Phones.

Get Opera to do a database swap. If you have Meridian Mail, you might have hospitality set up and from within the status menu, you can check that the links are up.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Check from your Opera if check-in/check-out are synchronize with HMS, and CS1000.

Villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back