Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCOS not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpa1

Technical User
Mar 31, 2005
NL
Hello,

When I change the NCOS from 6 to 1 I still can call all the numbers in the world. It looks like the VoiceSwitch is not working with the Phoneset NCOS.

NCOS is programmed in the Voiceswitch.

Anyone who know how to activate the NCOS.

Thanks,
Danny

i don't have a clue what a voice switch is. nocs i do know. ncos is turned on, it is not set up to block what ever it is your trying to block.
Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT nctl
NRNG 0 7

SOHQ NO
SCBQ YES
CBTL 20

[COLOR=red]NCOS 0[/color]

EQA  NO
[COLOR=red]FRL  0[/color]
RWTA NO
NSC  NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  YES
RETT 10
RETC 5
ROUT I
RADT 0
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

in load 87 prt nctl, make sure each of your in use ncos's are =to the extected frl 0=0 3=3 etc.. then the number you are trying to block comes into play, 9 1 xxx is a npa, 91800 is a spn 9 434 is a npx, in load 90

Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA  1803

NPA  1803
[COLOR=red]RLI  2 [/color]
DENY 555
SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

the rli points you to load 86

Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI  2

RLI  2
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 156
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
[COLOR=red]FRL  5[/color]
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  YES

because in my nctl block ncos 5 is =to frl 5, and in load 90, 1 803 is pointed to rli 2, and in load 86 rli 2 is set to frl 5, any set with a ncos 5 or higher, can dial that number.. 9 sends me to 90, 1803 sends me to 86, frl sends me to 87, if all pointers = allow, the call goes. 

[COLOR=red] [b] Remember, any change in 86, 87, or 90 affect every station in the switch,[/b][/color] as well as any ties, inbound calls, etc. good thing is you can change it back, bad thing is you may be getting 500 sch codes per second and someone may be trying to break down your door. 

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your answer.
With VoiceSwitch I mean the Succesion 1000E.

The impact is very high if I do something wrong, so I will ask our Vendor to solve this problem.

correct, voiceswitch, is usually a data guy term, but a little generic, the meridian is not the only switch that uses ncos.. just a little jab, no harm no foul. i don't blame you for calling your vendor, have the tech make you a chart, ncos 0 is allow ? deny ? through ncos 7.. or have him give you the print outs, best to call when in doubt, but no need to have to call every time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back