Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nc3163 driver for Ghost 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmooney

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2002
SE
HI All,

Im trying to ghost a Small buisness 2000 Server on a ML530, The actually thing of ghosting the server isnt the worry. Its just that ghost doesnt have the driver i need which is a NC3163 NIc driver. The driver has to be made into a dos or Ndis2. Im unsure of which to use or how to make the driver. I use ghost 7.Im running out of time on this project. so any help would be greatful

Don't quite understand what you mean? Ghost does't have a specific driver for it, Ghost is just the program you use to create an image.

Are you looking for drivers for the NC3163 network card? If so, you could try the E100B (or CE100B) drivers? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not explaining myself properly. Its when i go to build a Network boot disk in Ghost boot disk wizard. you select the driver you want. and the exact driver isnt in the list, and if you look in the driver template it has a .dos file. the thing i need to know is how do i make a NC3163 driver to a .dos. So that i can use in it the boot disk. Hope that clears it up a bit

THanks for your help THELAD.
Ill have a go at that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back