Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX100 Reboot time for 6.0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbear

Programmer
Dec 27, 2007
CA
I am a newbie when it comes to NBX100. I have a customer who is furious that when his system randomly reboots that the system takes 1 hour or more for it to come back up. What is the normal time for a NBX100 to reboot? If this is not normal will a software update correct it? thanks

The latest code upcoming code revision is supposed to keep the random disk check thing from happening. Though if the random reboot is actually a random power loss, then it will do a disk check every time.

Thanks cknipe...what is the normal reboot time for a NBX100, I have heard 30-60 min is about average.

it depends on a couple things. Remember, a disk check is checking all data on the disk so....

1. If you have a lot of users that leave old messages in thier vm box...this will increase the time to boot because voice messages are stored as .wav files and take up a decent amount of space.

2. If you have a lot of old versions of software remaining on the nbx, this will increase the boot time (most these packages are more than 60mb's in size.

A normal reboot to me is when the system does not do a disk check and on a 15-20 users system, this should not take more than about 5 minutes.

Chris

I have an V5000 running 6.0.63 software.. 5 Pri's and 545 total devices. A reboot from the web interface(recommended)
takes 8 minutes. After the cpu reboots then all 5 Pri's must reboot.
If the web interface isn't available and I have to pull the plug then this is a 45 minute nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back