Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX V5000 - Voicemail Password Resets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadsda

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2012
CA
Good day -

I have recently taken over support for a 3com NBX V5000, having no experience with this unit Im having trouble with a somewhat simple task.

I need to reset a user's voicemail password - I have found the user and the place to reset it - however it is asking for the old password then the new password

This dosent make sense to me, how am I to reset the user's lost password if the system requires that password?

I hope Im just missing something simple, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

The screen layout is a bit confusing. Assuming this is the newer 6.X software, you can select reset user password in the drop down and then press the "GO" link next to the drop down. You will then be presented a list of users. From here you can select and reset as needed.

If it is the older software there is a link on the left side of the form to reset the user password.

Perfect, thank you! Found it.

I'm guessing the reset procedure set's the password to a default of 0000 or perhaps 1234?

When you do a password reset. the password is the same as the extension number. The help screens in this system are really well written and can, most times, give you an immediate answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back