Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX 100 and Viking W1000 doorbox - 3COM recently upgraded to 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyer1y2k

Vendor
Aug 16, 2010
US
Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Our customer has an NBX 100 that has been in service for a long time. They changed service providers for the PRI and on 4_1_77, they could not forward calls because the system would send the original caller's Caller ID and the SP would reject the call. We updated the system to 6_0 so we could have the NBX send the main number as Caller ID on these calls.

Customer has a Viking doorbox that interfaces to a CO port. It worked fine on 4_1. After the update the customer noticed there are periods between the rings where the box cannot be answered. The short term fix has been to tell the user to press the line key on the phone. We assigned a line key for the box so it can always be accessed.

I tried modifying some of the advanced line settings on the line card port but there was no discernable change.

Has anybody had experience with this?

My long term fix would be to change the doorboxes to analog station versions and connect to ATA ports the customer already has. I wanted to see if the forum might have an idea so we can avoid this since the customer will have to buy the doorboxes. Bit of a pickle since I solved one problem and created another!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back