Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBU 4.5 FP6 calender schedule problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstang

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
DE
Hello all,

we have configured policies to run full backups on weekends (window sat 20:00 to mon 04:00) and cumulative incrementals during work days (window mon to fri each 22:00 to 04:00).
A monthly schedule performs fulls on every first day of a month with a longer retention (windows mon to sun each 22:00 to 04:00). Exclude dates have been defined on the first two schedules for these monthly fulls.

The problem is that the incrementals are performed twice each night. First start is always before, second always after midnight. Is NetBackup unaware of day changes within one backup window?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Ruediger

It depends on your frequency.
Full Backups = Sat 22:00 - Mon 04:00 = 30 hours
Incrementals = Mon-Fri 22:00 - 04:00 = 6 hours

Your frequncy is where the issue comes in as a frequency setting must never be exceeded by a window setting. If you set, for your incremental backups the following:
Window = 22:00 - 04:00
Frequency = 12 hours

For the fulls:
Windows = 30 hours
Frequency = 48 hours.

You should be okay with that.

Ooops, I just saw that I mentioned the fact that all schedules are calendar based in the headline only.

So, to clarify things, I defined the schedules as calendar based because of the easiness of configuration. And afaik frequency can only be defined in frequency based schedules, right?

Regards
Ruediger

I never use calendar bvased backups - You will get multiple backups. There is a bug in calendar based backups that has not been fixed and the solution is to decrease the window but in an environment where backups can stay queued for hours, that is not a good solution.

I only ever use frequency based backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back