Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBTSM Service Encountered a problem and needed to close...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpAdam

Vendor
Mar 12, 2007
US
Greetings all -
I'm digging up an old post (thread959-1050902) in reference to this issue. I'm running SECC 4.02 and I receive the error when I boot back up.

According to Nortel its no big deal... Thought I'd pass this along as there were no responses to the earlier post and I'm sure more of you have encountered it.

Solution Detail

When SCCS restarts, NBTSM application error occurs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Description

Fact:
Symposium Express Call Center
SECC
SECC 4.02.06
Symposium Call Center Server
SCCS
SCCS 5.0
New install
Windows 2003

Symptom:
When SCCS restarts, NBTSM application error occurs.
Pop error message at shutdown,.
Error: The service NBTSM has generated errors; send to Microsoft.
Event 1000, Application Error (100) 1000 N/A Faulting application nbtsm.exe, version 4.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.
Event 4097, DrWatson Information None 4097 N/A The application, D:\Nortel\iccm\bin\nbtsm.exe, generated an application error. The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00D57D00 (<nosymbols>)

Cause:
Able to reproduce this problem--
1) Shut down the server while Symposium Services are UP by clicking on START > SHUTDOWN > RESTART
Once windows logs in and restarts the Symposium Services, there is no error.
2) Stop all Symposium Services by the START > PROGRAMS > SYMPOSIUM > SHUTDOWN, and let SCCS stop all 34 services.
Restart the server via START > SHUTDOWN > RESTART pop up error message, "The service NBTSM has generated errors; send to Microsoft."

Problem Resolution

Fix:
Non-Service affecting. This is an OS timing issue.

Affected Products
Contact Center Manager Contact Center - Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back