Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NB 6.5.2 error 24 or error 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

msleeper

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
US
I've set up a test server to play around with 6.5.2. I have everything set up properly as far as I can tell (master server running RHEL 4 ES). I can probe and back up a linux client running version 6.0mp5, but if I push (or install from CD even) the 6.5.2 client to it I can no longer probe it or back it up. Initially the error is 58 (can't connect to client), but when I open up a 2 way firewall hole the error changes to 24 (socket write failed). This only happens to linux clients, if I install the 6.5.2 client on a windows box it works just fine. I have checked out many web sites that say to look at the timeouts, but I haven't changed them from the defaults. From what I can tell this mostly affects people who change the timeouts.

I have an open ticket with Symantec on this but they have not been able to answer.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back