Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NB 5.0MP6 Unable to initialize Robot (204)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancleb

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
I am attempting to bring up another NB server v5.0 MP6 and have a ADIC Scalar 100 with 2xSLDT220 tape drives. All works well and I can configure my Storage devices and the Library is recognized and listed by model (SCALAR 100) and the tape drives both are shown by Model (QUANTUM) and the firmware levels are shown.
When I attempt to configure volumes, it attempts to inventory the tape drive and I receive an error that says the the barcode in slot one is not uniquie, it is the same as the barcode in slot one (not exact wording) If I attempt to inventory the robot, I recieve an error "Unable to Initialize Robot (204)". If I reconnect the library to my server with Netbackup v4.5 MP6, it sees it and works perfectly. I have checked drivers, cables and the server is new, an HP ML370 G4 using onboard ULTRA 320 SCSI HBA. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back