Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigation Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
How to make a navigation bar similar to the website below:

I'm actually interested on how to make the color changes as you move into different topics, and that color remains while you're within that topic contents.

Thanks,

Sorry Ranjan, my question above was directed to anywhereigo. I didn't see any color changes on his/her example site, hence the question.

Anywhereigo - tabs can be created using a set of images - a different one is loaded with each page. Or you can make interactive tabs like I have on my site using hide/show images. Peace
BT

Ranjan,

Thanks for your reply... This is exactly what I'm looking for. I will apply it on my project and will let you know if I run into difficulties.

Bluetone,

I interested to see how the show/hide images works. I checked at your website and one thing that interests me is that it loads fast. When I click on the tabs, it appears to me that since the whole page is loaded the first time, the next time you click on the tabs, only the content part loads, that's why it loads fast. A frameset perhaps is used on this one, huh.

Thanks much.

Yes it all loads at once - which isn't a good idea for a lot of sites. The tabs are animated using the swap image behavior (and several tab images) on mouse rollover. The "pages" are displayed using the show/hide layers behavior - on click.

I didn't use frames but that might have been a better route to take. Potential clients with slow access might be put of by the load time. Peace
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back