Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigation Form Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boots6

Technical User
Aug 12, 2011
US
Hello,

I'm using a navigation form to contain my various forms. I can't seem to figure out how to "wake up" the Navigation Tab I was on after closing a report called from a button. Specifically, my Information Navigation Tab contains the form Information. On that form I have a button that opens a report. Once that report is closed and the Navigation Form displays again, the user cannot scroll down the page unless they click on the Information Navigation Control Tab again. Even when they click anywhere on the page, it will not allow them to scroll down. They have to click the navigation tab, then it will work. It isn't a huge problem, but the users aren't going to know they have to refresh the page by clicking the Navigation Tab that they're already on. I've tried Got Focus etc events, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it re-select the Navigation Tab it's already on. Hope that makes sense.

Appreciate any help!

Hi Boots6, I have just a few really quick questions:

What version of Access are you using? Also, when you go into Help/About, what does it say about the service pack?

Does the report in question have any code of its own (i.e. open a dialog form, which is then hidden when the person clicks ok)?

Does this happen with all reports, or just a few?

Has this always been the case? If not, did anything noticeably change?

The report(s) are Access reports, correct? Not Crystal Reports or PDF documents, or anything like that?

Does the user regularly do anything other than view the report when it opens and this problem occurs? Like print to PDF, for example?

Does the button and/or the report do anything else, like open a query?

After the report is closed, how many tabs are typically left open? Just the one to the navigation pane?

--

Sorry... that was a few more questions than I thought there going to be when I started typing. ;-)

Note: if you're in 2010 or 2007, if it's a fairly simple database where you usually only have 2 or 3 forms open at a time, it may be easiest to just do away with the tabs, and revert to Window view. File|Options|Current Database|Document Window Options: Overlapping Windows. That may solve the problem already, unless you're married to having tabs, of course. :)

Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back