Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigation Bar using fireworks 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIFFIJ

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I am creating a navigation bar using fireworks 8 for use in Dreamweaver 8. The problem that I have encountered is that when you create a canvas of a fixed length and hieght and don't have the option to make it percentage.

The table that the navigation bar is going into in dreamweaver is a percentage table. as you can imagine this is creating a problem. If the end user is seeing the table on the same monitor size and resolution as me that would be ok, as we know though that is not always going to be the case.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue

Thanks in advance Joel

Sounds like -- You are attempting to create graphics (fixed width) from FW8 which are then being placed into a liquid or flexible percentage layout. This will not work using fixed width graphics. You need to rework your overall design so that *some* fixed width graphics will work *within* a flexible layout. If you plan it out you can make it work, but you're working with a combination of elements and it does need a good advance plan with a combo of graphics (FW) and code (DW).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am woman, watch me code.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why am I in this hand basket and where are we going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back