Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigating IE through the DOS prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick606

Technical User
Mar 15, 2009
US
Hi Folks. Here is some code to navigate automatically through IE in Visual Basic:Function FillGoogle()

Dim ie As Object

Set ie = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")

ie.Navigate "
ie.Visible = True
While ie.busy
DoEvents 'wait until IE is done loading page.
Wend

ie.document.all("q").Value = "SEARCH TEXT"
ie.document.all("btng").Click

While ie.busy
DoEvents
Wend

End Function

What I want to do is do the same thing in a DOS batch file. Comments anyone? I know how to open a browser window in DOS, but that's about all. Specifically, I would like to open multiple browser windows, navigate to them, log in, and see what I have going with multiple accounts that I have set up (if you get my drift)... thanks!

Also, I would like to do it through firefox, but if IE is easier, it really doesn't matter. I appreciate any and all help I can get on this!

There are specialized tools that can do that task for you. They can even check whether the page has changed, before even opening it, if you need that. Can't recall any names, but a proper search, as suggested, should bring up reasonable answers.

HTH
TonHu

From this article

Code:
iexplore.exe [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.google.com/search?q=%22search+text%22[/URL]

Cheers,
Dian

thank you for all the replies. I will try them all, but I'm afraid I'm already ahead of most of them. sorry! and thanks for the help once again you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back