Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAVCE upgrade from 8.1 to 9.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

destini

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
Planning on upgrading Norton AV Corporate Edition in the near future. Anyone had any issues?
According to Symantec, they state in their support to set up a small scale installation and then add a select group to that installation to see if you have any issues which means find a new server which is an issue for me. Just wanted to know how everyone else is upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Destini

Upgraded from 8.1 to 9.0 on the same server with no problems at all. Pretty clean easy upgrade.

Dave

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

I know when I upgraded last time, Symantec suggested uninstalling the current version then installing the new version. Did you do this with 9.0 or just install over 8.1?

Thanks again

I actually installed over 8.1, which is why I got this particular error. However I did run into a few that I had to uninstall first. It would be nice to unistall 8.1 and then install 9.0 but that is not always practical with a large rollout.

I want to upgrade our NAV 8.1 to SAV 9.0, but I would like to know what is the best way of doing it with the least amount of downtime and errors. I have read a document from Symantec stating to install in a test environment first, which is not very practical for me. Also, the paper suggests that I perform a migration to 9.0.

I have heard ppl mention installing over the top of the previous version or uninstalling the previous version and then installing 9.0. What are the step by step instructions to installing all of the neccessary components of SAV (Server, client, mail, etc.)? Please point me in the right direction!!!

Kareem

PS. How will this affect, if at all, the NAF (Firewall)?

So how do we upgrade clients from 8.1 to 9.0? If the system center has already been changed to 9.0 and all the servers are 9.0 what next? I've tried pushing a client upgrade of 9.0 out, but the workstation still reports 8.1, no change?

AM

ashleym,

Numerous people (including myself) have had the same problem. The only fix I'm aware of is to uninstall 8.1.

I've had this problem with every release I've used--7.6 -> 8.0 -> 8.1 -> 9.0.

Me too. The problem is that the product does not update.

What we have done here is use Altiris to push out the NoNav.bat tool to workstations, set a restart, then deploy 9 via the NT Deployment tool in the SSC. That works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back