Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV7.5 EE autoupdate

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigggs

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
NL
Has anyone found a way of getting the primary server to check for updates on Symantec site. At the moment the server does this once a day and there does not seem to be a way to get it to check more often for updates. A lot can happen in 24hrs.

It is very rare that Symantec issues updated virus defintions on anything less than a daily basis, so once every 24-hours should be enough to keep you current. Empahsys on should...

You can increase the frequency via the Symantec System Console (SSC), assuming you have the NAV Corporate Edition. Access the server you want to change, right click on it, choose Tasks -> Norton Antivirus, and then choose the Virus defintion manager option. From there you have access to all of the controls for the definiton downloads.

Hope that helps - Chad Stiller, MCSE
Ramcom Technology
cds@ramcom.com

24hrs might be fine if you did not just miss the update. Say your server is set to check for updates on Monday a 8am. Suddenly a new virus hits the net and Norton update the def at around 8.30am you are now vulnerable for nearly 24hrs as you will not be checking back again till Tuesday at 8am.

We also use sophos within our company and this checks every half hour for updates. Sophos is on all our servers and Norton on Workstations. All our Norton Clients check in with the EE console every 30mins. I can not see where you schedule anything other than a day
I sent you a screen shot of the screen I see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back