Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV Quarantine agent constantly fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

spasticcp

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2005
US
Currently running NAV corporate 9.0.0.338. The Quarantine Agent fails after about 5 mins, putting in a log error of,

Exception caught in JobPackager constructor [Exception of type string exception caught in JobPackager constructor [IcePack timing out after DefCast initialization failure]]. IcePack shutting down

Not sure why this is happening, or for how long as I've just started with a company and this is a pre-existing setup that I'm trying to figure out the how's and the what-went-wrongs of.

I can start the service manually, but it will fail within 5 minutes. Restarting the server itself in the hopes that all services would start up successfully was a no-go as well. Is it possible that when the NAV server here was upgraded from V 8.x to the current version, that somehow the upgrade was not done to the quarantine component and there's some sort of version conflict? The central quarantine seems to be functioning, although there are some pretty bizarre things going on there too. More to follow if asked.

Any ideas?

spasticcp,
I am experiencing the same issue that you describe. Did you find a solution to this issue? I uninstalled the Quarantine Console and System Center Console, then did an in-place upgrade to version 10. After which, I installed the new QC and SCC. Now I'm getting the issue you described.

thanks,

--The number of times an uninteresting thing happens is an interesting thing.--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back