Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV .exe file or desktop icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleites

Programmer
Mar 1, 2003
US
This is not real important but.... I have access to NAV in my system tray. I used to have access from my start menu, I believe the items were NAV, Live Update, uninstall, maybe support. Well, I noticed today, that the menu items don't work. My guess is they were from NAV 2008, and NAV 2009 doesn't work the same way. I also don't have a desktop icon. I probably deleted it. I'd like to have NAV in my start menu, but I can't find the executable. Does anyone know what it is. If not, but you have a desktop icon, can you right click it, look at the properties, and see what it is? Again, this is for the 2009 version.

When I booted up this morning, it was on my desktop as a new program!
"C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.2.0.7\uiStub.exe

OK, never mind ;-) Somehow in my messing around yesterday, I now had 2 NAV "engines". I took the most risk free approach and uninstalled/reinstalled the product. Now everything is normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back