Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV Corporate Edition 8.1 on Windows Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbath

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
GB
Legacy site running Windows 2000 servers with NAV 8.1. Need to introduce a 2008 server, before having any chance of upgrading anything else, just as a member server.

Question: will NAV 8.1 install and protect a 2008 server.

I already know a Vista PC won't have it.

Any help much appreciated.

If Vista won't support it there's not much chance that it'll work on server 2008.

I'd install an unmanaged version of a newer version until the managed services can be upgraded to something newer.

I tried to install it and got an error saying it doesn't support 64-bit OS - so there's my answer.

Thanks anyway danomac.

nav 8.1 is not supported on a win2k8 server.

You will need at least nav corp 10.2 which offers supplement for win2k8

So the version that you need in order to support your win2k8 server is the following

10.1.9 which contains 10.2.5

Oh by the way support for 8.1 ended in Jan 31st 2007 see
which means that even if your av is running it wont protect againts new viruses only old viruses that were discovered under that build it will protect your server if the virus behaves like an old one.

the latest release notes for the current sav corp product can be found here

The release notes for the supplement you will be installing on your server can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back