Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV 7.5 (Enterprise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2001
AU
I about to embark on a Windows 2000 server implementation that involves NAV7.5 and Terminal Services (Citrix Metaframe)...anyone have any "gotchas" that I should look out for?

I do not believe that the Norton A/V client is compatible with Citrix or Terminal Server for that matter. I arun a Windows 2000/Terminal Server site without Citrix asnd I know the client appears to be disabled within each session. I myself am looking for A/V software compatible with NT 4.0 and Citrix Metafram v1.8. Currently the only product I have found certified for use with Citrix is Trend Micro.

Black Sam

Susan Orbuch - Trend Micro

One other product that works and is recommended by Citrix.
Innoculan by Cheyenne. Hope this helps even 6 months from your post date. :)

Black Sam

Yep, I discovered that it is not necessary to run NAV on the Citrix server anyway because I can cover the entry points to the network (Firewall, Client workstations, Email server) using the other NAV products and it works a treat.

The client version will not work. You need to install the server component for it to work on TS.

And you need NAVCE 7.6 for it to work correctly on TS.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back