Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

native exception code 0xc0000005

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi1234567

Programmer
Sep 14, 2006
IN
hi Guys ,
I need this info very badly. i am working on .NET aplication based on WIN CE. I am getting native exception 0xc0000005 randomly. Can anybody help ???

The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software and more commonly under Windows XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations.
Usually you get this error message when performing a specific task.

This is a non specific answer because I haven't further details about the reasons of your prbolem.

Regards
Zendani

hi Zendani,
I am getting this exception very randomly. I tried to enabled "thrown" option from Debug->Exceptions Menu of VS 2005. Still exception is not getting breaked. so i could not tell details about the code causing the exception.
Could you throw some light why its happening like this ?

thanks in advance :)

Hi
If you will run your application in other host did u have the same problem? The main causes of this problems are

the anti virus software are you running? try disabling it for now and see if that helps. There have been alot of posts recently about certain AV software blocking installation and execution of .NET products/applications.

or the problem was being caused by a splash screen.

or you perhaps use a "Declares" statement which references an unmanaged DLL (like a Windows API or something)? The reason I ask is that sometimes those APIs vary based on the version of the OS, and a variable which might have been optional for one OS is required on another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back