Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nationality List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want a list of nationalities, or a list of countries? If nationalities, then here are a few to get you started:

English
Irish
Scottish
Welsh

Of course, if you want a complete list (and bear in mind that a lot of lists aren't entirely complete, and are always changing due to war, politics, etc), then you might have to visit a website that has such a list.

I don't know of any website that professes to have a complete, up-to-date, accurate list, but you might try the CIA world factbook (find it using Google).

If you want a list of countries, try somewhere like the homepage of the Baileys website: Although not complete, it is fairly comprehensive.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Richard,

There are many lists out there. I found at least 2 on Google without much searching. Have a look - you might find exactly what you are looking for.

One of the lists was compiled in 1908, and the other was in a weird order. But as you've not given any criteria - such as how old or new you want the list to be, what order they should beb in, or from what political viewpoint you want the nationalities (rememeber some countries do not acknowledge certain nationalities, while others do) - then you really are better off doing this yourself.

Either way, where to obtain lists of nationalities isn't really what I would class as an HTML question (regardless of the end-use for the list), and is probably off-topic.

Dan

[banghead]

Whilst I appreciate your help, I was addressing this forum because of the fact that it is more likely to be used in HTML than anything else.

I was just wondering if anyone had a list of Nationaloties - nothing fancy, not bothered what view point, just basic, I have been searching Google and the rest, and they have been fruitless - even 10 pages in.

Thank you very much for your assistance - you have been most helpful.

Richard

Richard Noon

Hehe... they even list "Yorkshire people" as a nationality. I knew they talked funny, but I never realised it was a foreign language ;o)

Dan

[banghead]

Is that where "terrier-ism" originated?

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back