Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAT with negotiated address on ISDN interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewaterke

Technical User
May 7, 2003
BE
Hi,

I'm trying to configure NAT overload on a dialer interface.

ethernet 0
ip address 192.168.5.2 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside

dialer 1
ip nat negotiated
ip nat outside

ip nat inside source list 100 interface dialer1 overload

access-list 100 permit ip any any

My problem seems to be that the NAT table is established before that the dialer interface is up. This means that the NAT of the inside address will not occur.
The only solution that I've found is to clear the NAT table when the connection is established. After the clearing, the NAT works fine.

This solution is not acceptable because I want to work with a "automatic" FTP client and I can not do an manually clear ip nat trans evry time I set up a new connection.

Thank you for your help on this problem hard to explain (I do not think that this post is very clear).

Eric

May want to try increasing your idle-time. Just guessing as you have a real limited post of the configuration.

I've never used the "IP NAT Negotiated" command on dialer interfaces, and have had no issues..

BuckWeet

I have never use ip nat neg either. I guess you use

int Dialer 1
ip address negotiated

If not, try it. I have never experienced that problem with NAT tables: everytime the connection is off, I think tables are removed (but I am not 100% sure)

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back