Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAT demand-dial interface not dialing automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenzeus1881

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
US
I am configuring a NAT to run on my home network. I created a demand-dial interface on RRAS, using a std 56k modem as the interface to connect to my ISP. This connection is used by the NAT routing protocol as the Public connection. I have my internal interface card bound to the NAT's private connection- connecting my internal home network. I have no dial-out filters or dial-out hours set on the demand-dial interface. When I clicked on the demand-dial interface to connect manually, it connected to the ISP. However, when i tried to initiate a connection to the internet (by luanching a random internet website) from my internal network pc, it wouldn't dial out automatically. I have already set my demand-dial interface with a default route of 0.0.0.0 and netmask 0.0.0.0
Any ideas how to i go about with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back