Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nat CCNA Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPR1

Technical User
May 11, 2007
Hello all,
Has anyone who's taken the CCNA lately come across more than a couple questions regarding NAT? I don’t see many questions about NAT in the Sybex book or in any practice exam I’ve come across.

Thanks!

It's been a few years for me, but from what I hear, NAT is no longer on the CCNA.

Burt

I prefer NAT over DDR any day. For some reason I can't fully grasp the config for DDR.

Thanks Burt.

MPR1,

From past posts here it seems that NAT/PAT is one of the areas not covered well by Sybex, this is strange since everything else seems to be.

If I were you I would go to a Borders or Barnes and Nobles or any of the other book stores that let you flop in a big chair and read the books - and do just that - Grab a Cisco Press book and read the section on NAT/PAT.

You can also "Google" it and read whats online but I would not go into the CCNA without a good understanding of NAT/PAT - it would be just your luck you would get 2-3 questions.

Here is one at Cisco -

I "Googled" - Cisco NAT/PAT !

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

There was NAT on the CCNA when I took it (2005 and 2007), but not a lot. I used Sybex only in 2005 and failed the first time. I had a few NAT questions for which I had no idea of the answer. I used the Cisco Press book the second time (passed), which covered NAT and this time I think I had only 1 or 2 NAT questions which I answered easily.

So I guess the moral of the story is whatever your not prepared for, is what you will see :)

I had one NAT question.

I think right now, the exam is up to par partially with CCNP. It's what I heard from my professor at the university.

NAT/PAT are important to understand if you want to protect your network.

R. Corrigan Jr.
Network+, (working on CCNA)

Hi

I did the ICND exam last week. In theory it has a common syllabus with the single CCNA exam. There were two NAT questions, but neither was a simulation.

The Cisco Press book covers it adequately, but it is well worth getting some hands-on with a couple of routers to help you understand static & dynamic NAT and PAT. It especially worth studying the output of the related show commands once translations are active.

EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back