Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAT and Skinny Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusFox

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2001
US
Good day,

I read a tread about a guy trying to get a Cisco IP set to work behind a NAT box without any luck. Member "tbilan" sugested reading NAT-Support of IP Phone to Cisco CallManager:
So I did that. My understanding is that the NAT router would translate packets between the set and CCM so that the conversation could take place.

Here is my question:
If my IP set is NATed behind a Cisco router and my set registers to the CCM over the Inet, but is registered with IP 192.168.X.X, then can I assume that the NAT router is NOT the correct version for doing Skinny translation?

I am getting one way audio currently. I cannot hear audio behind the NAT, but the dialed party can hear me.

I do not have access to the router to do a sho ver, so just trying to understand as much as possible prior to asking those evil router Gods about my petty issue.

Thanks,
MF

You need to do the fixups for the NAT, so that it actually goes into the payload and translates those addresses as well.

You need IOS Firewall and then under the config "ip nat service" is the proper command I believe..

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back