Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

..NAS.Not able to access from Remote location...online.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasuser

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
US
I am new in this field of Network Access Storage. Bought one last week and installed it with my router Netgear WGM-124. Now I can access my data from different computers within the router range. I need to access my NAS hard drive from my work as well.
If some one kind enough to briefly give me some leads and I will be more than happy to work on it and get rest of the details from the internet. I really don't know where to start. The only thing for remote access, I know so far is that, the NAS is using port 21 and /// FTP SERVER Enable Disable Port: 21 or 1025-65500 ////. Also I have an idea about my router that it has port open as default is 5900. ....I live in Texas and uses Road runner cable net service. And that they have Dynamic addressing. Please help and I will be forever greatful. Sincerely NASuser.

You should get a Linksys router that has VPN capability. This will allow you to virtually login to your home network. You can use dynamic dns for free at
NAS = Network Attached Storage and is used to typically serve files to users/computers on your subnet. To go outside the LAN with no protection for this can be disasterous. I suggest you find a VPN enabled router to accomplish your task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back