Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Narrowing down a search combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimy

Programmer
Jun 5, 2000
CA
I am trying to narrow down the list in one combo box(JobID) afeter selecting something from several other combo boxes.

I want the JobID list to be narrowed every time something is chosen from another combo box.

I have come up with a few ideas like a temp table, but as this database grows this will become increasingly inefficient.

any suggestions would be appreciated

thank-you

try creating a query based to be used for the JobID combobox. In this query select the JobID field and all fields related to the ComboBoxes you'll select from on the Form. Use a Like statement in the Criteria Row for each field that you will be selecting data from. Each Criteria Row would be something like this

Like [Forms]![YourFormName].[ComboBoxName] & "*"

then in the AfterUpdate Event for each ComboBox, add a Me.Refresh or JobID.Requery so that the JobID combobox gets updated.

PaulF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back