Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Narrow Drive on Wide Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATCal

MIS
Apr 1, 2000
US
Anyone know of any known issues adapting a narrow tape drive to a wide (U2W) controller? HAve a number of them running fine like this, however have one HP running Replica software throwing out sporadic &quot;No Tape In Drive&quot; errors. <br><br>Thanks in advance.

I've had narrow tape drives on wide SCSI buses for a while. My understanding is that the whole bus will now only work to the speed of the slowest devices, which is now the tape drive. I haven't had any tape drive errors like yours so I'd actually look into servicing the drives themselves. <br><br> <p>Dave Hamilton<br><a href=mailto:dhamilton@gio.com.au>dhamilton@gio.com.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks. That's kinda what I figured- but you know those software guys; always blame it on the hardware.

Most commonest problem related to this particular error is tape sensor is broken off so check it out if not check scsi termination on the drive as it is also a known problem hope this is helpful&nbsp;&nbsp;Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back