Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

naming master pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

chouchou

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
FR
hi there, just wandering if, by any chance, there is a way to give names to master pages in Xpress 4.1. This would be very useful to find rapidly, lets say, a chapter starting page.
No surprise that Quark had'nt thought of that...of course.
thanks anyway
Jean

Try this:

1. Press F4 key; you will see the DOCUMENT LAYOUT window. The default name for the first master page is "A MAster A", you will see that on the top of the window

2. Double click (mouse) on "A Master A" page name

3. Rename the page (type the name you want, e.g. "My Chapter Title Page")

OK. You'r ready. You can do the same job with "B Master B", "C Master C", ....

Good luck

thanks strutu but, and it's my mistake, I meant giving a name to pages in the document layout, that is : not only the letter of the master page "putted" on a normal page, but any word that could be, lets say, with the page number.

hu, still sounds unclear to me too.... got to practice my english
i'll see that tomorow

Thanks again

You can create sections in your document. Go to a specific page and use Page > Section...

Click 'Section Start' and give it a short prefix (up to four charactors) and it should be a little easier to find. It's not and ideal solution, though. Automatic page numbering will be messed up a bit, for example.

Probably a better strategy would be to create several individual documents and create a book (File > New > Book) to contain them all. That way you have a palette with all the main sections available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back