Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Naming convention for call recording .wav files

nmessick

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
Working on a project trying to tie call data records to the .wav files stored by voicemail pro.

Files have names like MSG3903600156692940

Can anyone help make sense of the number that's here? What is this naming convention they are using?

Check the mailbox folders. It contains a text file with some information. Maybe this helps you. I have no to check it myself currently.

I assume these wav files are messages that have been left that you want to link to the call? I doubt you will ever get the information you need from the file itself. I think you will have better luck using the API. We have used the API to build our own web Managment portal it very powerful.

Looks random. Would need a series of message file names to determine if there's a pattern. Also would need the date and time of the files and the extension.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back