Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Namespace error

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi All,

I have a VS.net 2010 pro solution with 32 projects that make up my website.

Some of the projects are dependencies used by other projects in the solution. For example, Project A has no UI and is used by Project B and Project C.

When I attempt to build Project C, I get the following error:

Error 77 The type or namespace name 'Portal' does not exist in the namespace 'Ivy.ProjectA' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Here's the line in question:

using Ivy.ProjectA.Portal

Project A is referenced in Project B just fine but for some reason it throws this error in Project C. To make matters worse, this line is fine:

using Ivy.ProjectA.Performance

As if Project C can only see part of Project A's DLL (which builds fine BTW). Again, Project B does not have this issue.

I've rebooted, always run VS.net as admin, removed the reference to ProjectA.ddl and put it back and a few other trivial things but nothing has worked.

Any way to force Project C to really "see" Project A like it does in Project B?

Thanks,
Mark

Are you using project references or dll references?
I would use project references and have all 3 in the same solution.

Also, you may need to build the solution in a particular order.. Project A, then B then C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back