Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Names on Incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ103

Programmer
Jul 20, 2009
GB
Does anybody know how to display a name of a DDI in the system on a console when the DDI is ringing

I can get the name displayed once it has answered but need to know if it is possible to display the name when ringing.

Also is it possible to change the prime line number on a 5330 / 5340 to a name?

create a name tag hunt group, point the ddi at this group.
But a call reroute on this grouip to the operator - the name will then be displayed and she can answer as required.

Does it display the name whilst the call is ringing?

Thank you James I assigned a hunt group and rerouted it to the console but the hunt group was the answer point for the DDI and it only displayed the name once the call was answered. Will create speed call and point to hunt group then reroute the call to the console

Thanks for your help.

set the hunt group type to name tag,point the ddi at the hunt group then in call rerouting set a re route to your reception /operator.

oh, assign a name for the name tag hunt group in the telephone directory

Tried it James but it didnt display the name on the console whilst the call was ringing. It only displayed the name when answered. If I reroute it to my 5330 it works

hmmm not sure then, name tags have always worked for me. unless you talking about alpha tagging???

When you say Console, is this a 5550 IP console? If this is the case, then you will not be able to see any details until the call is answered.

James1982 is right, when using a normal IP handset.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

The totaly useless console does nothing !
Yes you can see user status but for the rest i think it is way to expensive for what it does !

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Hi all,

It is a 5550 IP console thank you for your help closing this one off Mitel need to sort the console out.

Had another thought on this has anyone had experience with the ADF files and would this enable the name to be displayed as the call is ringing on the console. ( Not alpha tagging)

If you are talking about the Additional Data Fields that can be configured for the BLF pane then no, it will have no affect on the display of caller ID.

How many different names are you trying to set up?

Is the volume of calls equal on each number or biased?

For a customer of mine that had Biased calling, I dedicated 3 or 4 LDN's to those specific numbers and named the LDN's accordingly. The others came in via Nametag and were shared on one LDN. This solution worked well for my customer.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

To all

I have now resolved this issue using the intercept form and name tag hunt group. Thank you all for your help.

Thanks Russ103.

To everyone else:
There was a lot of activity of this posting so I wanted to post a note on how this was done and why it works since it's a bit unusual.

Russ103 posted this question on another forum that I responed to.

Here is the text of what I posted.
<************** Begin Post **************>
This is a hack and I'm not sure if it will work or not since I haven't tested it. (so take that for what it's worth)

(1) program a dummy IP phone. (this phone will never be plugged in.)
(2) give that phone a unique intercept handling number.
(3) program the intercept handling form to route to the console if the destination is out of service.
(4) program your named hunt group to route to the dummy phone on an always condition.

This will remove the "Call FWD From" stuff on the dispaly however it may also remove the name. This needs to be tested so please let us know.

You may also want to try setting up a dummy acd path with the unavail option routed to console instead of a named hunt group.

<************** End Post **************>
Russ103's final solution was to forward to a multicall key on an out of service phone which is the equivelant of what I suggested but on a phone that is already out of service and <must be> useds for other similar purposes.

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back